What's the meanest thing a sibling has ever done to you when you were little? For how long did it stick with you?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• She broke both my pinkie fingers, held me down and twisted my ankle til the ligaments snapped,donkey kicked me in the shin and fractured it. I could go on sadly...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• when i was a young tean, i had to do a sculpting art project. I got the idea to use wax, so i went to the dollar store, bout a bunch of candles & started on my sculpture. I would light the candle & drip wax on top of each other forming a really cool sculpture. It took me a MONTH to make this thing. EVERY single day, i would sit in my room for hours, melt candles & sculpt. I loved it! It was really, super cool!

I can't remember what i did that pissed my sister off so bad. I think it was totally stupid too. WELL...the bitch went in my room & totally destroyed my wax sculpture that took me so long to create. I was so absolutely crushed...AND she did it the night before my project was due. Luckily, i tool pictures of it & showed it to my art teacher while crying my eyes out. She still gave me an A!

My sister has beat my ass so many times growing up, but this hurt worse than all the ass beatings combined...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My sister is 2 yrs younger than me and my adoptive parents "natural" child. She told me many times that she was the only child that mattered and teased me that neither my "real" mom or this mom wanted me.....took me many years to realize she was right. My adoptive parents paid for her HUGE graduation party, college, house, wedding, etc. They paid for me: nothing.

I have accepted it.....finally, but there's no love lost there anymore. They aren't even family to me and looking back, I realize now that they never really were. For so many years, I thought there must be something wrong with ME, but now I finally know it's not.

In trying to locate my birth mom, I found out that my adoptive parents tried to return me to the agency - but were told it was too late/too far into the adoption process.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• there was a lot of violence in my family, so I guess getting his was the worst part for me. though the oldest, I had a tendency to be the target- I've always been expected to be the 'understanding one'

as for meanest the first thing that comes to mind is something I did to my sister, but can't really say I regret it. She kept hitting, I told her she'd get in trouble, then she'd say 'nope! I'm little!' then my mom would tell me that my sis was too little to understand.
    I figured if she could get her head around the idea that she could hit and not get in trouble, then she should get to not hit people.

So I took a pen and wrote her name on the wall, and she got blamed for it. :)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• other way around for me. I was the oldest and a bully and I have apologized many times over to my little bros for it. I was a bad big sis in many ways, good in others. But I guess my logic at the time was that since I was picked on at school so much, that I wanted to be over "someone". I couldn't be the bottom of the totem pole my whole life. So I took it out on them. Bad me and yes they never let me forget those times and they are now adults.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My sister is twelve yrs younger. Before I moved out when I was about twenty, my sis and her little friend put cat poop in cup and put it under my bed. It took about 5yrs before she confessed it was her.
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 6:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Hmm... I could go on, and on, and on about how my sister (11 year older) and I fought! In the end though, I think I did more harm then she ever has when I broke her nose. Still regret it, and it's been 21 years.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• When I was about 16 and my brother 12, we were fighting over something and he picked me up and put me out the front door and locked it. I remember it was cold and I went to the neighbor's house and called my dad.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I am the only child and always wanted a brother or sister. I just enjoy reading these stories lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• it wasnt when we were young, but when we were adults,my cousin was having her baby shower me and my sister was invited to, while sitting at a table with other family member we usually dont see more then once a year, my sister had a spaz out because i was helping her daughter put a napkin under her sloppy joe so she wouldnt get dirty. it aggervated my sister so much that she yelled at me to "knock it off" and it echoed through out the entire building.

i think it has been 5 or 6 years now
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2010