is there any thing cheeper than nutramigen formula

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My twins where on the same thing. That stuff is so expensive. I don't think there is anything cheaper though. Are you able to get on to WIC or something for assistance?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• if u have a walmart near by check there for like parent choice they might have something like it.. .my son was on it, i dont remmeber the name but i do believe its by parent choice
    softlips_91

Answer by softlips_91 at 5:09 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Breastmilk it is free and perfect for children with tummy problems. You could try to relactate it is very possible or they offer milk share programs.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• if there is a medical reason they are on it have your pedi write ascript for it and your insurance should cover it with a copay..i know mine did with my first daughter
    gracelynmommy

Answer by gracelynmommy at 6:47 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• A friend's doc told her that Good Start is the same stuff.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 8:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• yes to all you people who think it is so important to have all the facts my son is addopted so brestfeeding is out of the question so if you do not know what the answer to my question is please feel free to not respond thank you
    rjsjjs

Answer by rjsjjs at 8:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• w/ it being a specialty formula, the only thing similar is Alimentum.... it's just made the competitor's brand. i have patients on it.... they said thay buy it online directly from the manufacteur and it's cheaper that way.... you should also be able to print coupons from their site. I would also ask the pediatrician for samples when you go in.... if parents are nice when they ask, or even if they don't ask, I try to give out samples..... reps for the companies leave samples of formula just like meds.
    a.butler

Answer by a.butler at 8:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• BTW breastfeeding is NOT out of the question if you have adopted, my friend BFs her adopted son, he was 4 months when she got him and it took about 3 weeks for her to get enough milk to stop formula totally!
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/index.html
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I joined emfamils newsletter or something......think i googled nutramagin coupons and went from there. I get $5 coupons for it fairly often. In the last couple weeks we started to mix soy formula in with the nutramagin, weening my 12 week old off, and it is working!!!!!!! Started by mixing 4 cups of water....2 scoops of soy and the rest nutramagin...now we are up to a 50-50 split of the 2 powders. Tomorrow will go up one scoop of soy. Is that making sense? And by making 4 cups of formula and filling the bottles you have your 24 hour supply ready, just heat and serve LOL Little trick I learned from my Mum.
    BTW I feel your pain, it drained our savings!!!! Thought breast feeding would work out, little did I count on getting that dreaded mastitus!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• my son tried that and ended up on goats milk............we just mixed it with a can of water and then he had vitamins also since it is not really an infant formula..........he had reflux really bad!
    twarmymm

Answer by twarmymm at 12:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2008