Colds in pregnancy?

im 15 weeksand a few days. im starting to get a cold. i have low hcg and havent really taken my prenatel vitamins in a month. what can i take for the cold? could it harm the baby or make things worse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You really need to get those vitamins in yourself. They are essential for the baby and will keep you from getting sick. I know they are big and gross, I could barely get them down when I was pg. You should try chewables or gummies. Tylenol is safe in pg as well as sudafed(sp). For a complete list call your OB or google online.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 7:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Theres not much you can take other than tylenol. your too early for anything else. but in my experience anything your able to take during pregnancy usually doesnt help and i have met alot of moms who said the same thing. and this probebly wont be the only time you get sick. Call you doc they'll tell you whats safe.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Take "oscillococcinum" it's 100% homeopathic. They even give it to babies and I swear by it. It really works at not starting the cold or cutting it short once it starts. Feel better...
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have a cold right now too.All i have taken is tylenol.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have a cold too :( Doc said tylenol & I hate it! Basically you have to wait it out, I'd suggest getting back on your vitamins, they're essential for the baby's health!
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 10:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2010