Need advice on night waking...

My son is 7 months and has been sleeping through the night since 3months. Recently and before daylight savings time...he has been crying sometimes screaming at night and when we go in to check on him he has his eyes closed. He goes to bed at 8pm and he wakes at 9:30, 12 and around 3am.

What is going on? I don't pick him up. I try telling him its ok and turn his music back on. How can I get this to stop?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 7:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He is probably having a bad dream, this too shall pass mom.

Answer by older at 7:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It could be any number of things....a belly ache, bad dream, teeth hurt. I have an 11 month old that does it ocassionally and theres really nothing you can do but comfort him. I usually have to let him cry it out.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My son is 9mo. and does the SAME thing .... the craziest part is its that his bed time is the same and he wakes up and the same times at night.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 8:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• A friend's baby is doing the same thing only just once a night. He is not fully awake and goes back to sleep on his own. They check on him but he is laying down and just sort of complaining loudly.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My 14mth old has been doing that too. Im not sure why either. I give her some milk, i hold her, even give her meds for teething, but she still does it. It wouldnt be growing pains would it or a new milestone coming?! & she usually still has her eyes closed too. She does wake up around 12 and 3 too. Thats weird!
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2010