why does my daughter stays with food in her mouth like 10 minutes and then swallow it?

i dont understand why my daughter stays with food in her mouth for like 10 minutes and then swallow it it takes so long to feed her and she is 2 yrs old are any mom's having trouble with the same thing please i need advice on this thanks

mommyof217557

Asked by mommyof217557 at 4:33 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son was like that, it took forever but soon or later he started swallowing right, have u takin her to the doc. Her throat could be hurting or maybe it could be the texture.. My son was like that 2 some of the food, he didnt like the texture of it...
    softlips_91

Answer by softlips_91 at 5:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• She could be a picky eater. I would just be patient with her. Children have a lot of quirks that they go through with food and it usually just takes patience and the right food. I'm sure she'll grow out of it.
    floyd835

Answer by floyd835 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Sometimes it's just easier to let it get mushy than to chew it. Kids who have speech delays often go through this.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 3:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• my DD does that too! its like ok, chew chew swallow. come on, you can do it....3 hours later we are on bite no.4 lol
    mommy2alissa

Answer by mommy2alissa at 3:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• This isn't really an answer but I felt the need to respond... Its funny my little one isn't the only one that does this..lol... She usually walks around looking like a chipmunk with me right behind her saying chew your, food chew your food. I end up feeling like a broken record . I give up and start doing something else .. And I promise you 15 to 20 mins later that food is still in her mouth..lmao. Ill say chew it up one more time and usually she ends up spitting it out. on the floor !. Whats up with that really lol .. It sort of grosses me out but Its all i can do not to laugh when she does it..

Well good luck.. !!

lovemyangels2

Answer by lovemyangels2 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• and I hear I always assumed my DD was just enjoying the taste of her food. I never worry about her keeping food in her mouth for a while
    Gaberielle

Answer by Gaberielle at 5:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2008