How far along were you when you went and bought a copy of what to expect when your expecting?

I was 5 weeks along

soon2bmmy

Asked by soon2bmmy at 8:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never owned that book.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I was 8 weeks.;-)
    momof1withwings

Answer by momof1withwings at 9:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i never got that book. however, i did get "your pregnancy week by week" from the doctors office when i found out i was pregnant for sure. I was 10 weeks
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 9:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• This is my second baby so I wasn't going to buy it this time. I did put the app on my phone though, it is free. :) However I am 8 weeks today and my boyfriend bought the book this weekend. He hasn't cracked it yet and I honestly doubt he will, but it was cute watching him pick it out at barnes and noble. LOL
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 9:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I was like 3 months
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• That wasn't the book I chose, but I went to the bookstore the week I found out I was pregnant!
    grace727

Answer by grace727 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Never owned a book. All it does it create fear for most women by reading some of the stuff in that book.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Unfortunately I bought it before realizing that it was one of the worst pregnancy books out there. The only good thing about it is the format, but all the questions and answers basically end with "ask your doctor," so it is kind of pointless. Plus, it has a lot of really silly questions in there.

A much better book that really tells you what to expect and how to make informed decisions is "The Thinking Woman's Guide to Childbirth" by Henci Goer.
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I got it around Month 2 of my first pregnancy. I've been creating a lending-library over the years.
    (*But I got rid of that one and kept the good ones, lol!)

;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I didn't. I think it's a shitty book....

Buy yourself "Ina May's Guide To Childbirth" or "My Best Birth".....you'll be MUCH better off and less freaking out about every tiny detail that can go wrong.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 8:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010