Visiting Santa this year?

How many tweens insist on seeing Santa this Christmas? My soon to be 10 yr old SS told us that he was going to want to talk to Santa this year, but probably not sit on his lap (lol) So, I guess he is still believing....Does your tween still believe? If not, when did they stop?

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 5:05 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Thats amazing. That he still believes in Santa Claus!

My daughter is only 15months old. This christmas will be the first time for her to meet "Santa Claus". :)

I think its very important for kids to believe in it, but at ten years you need to be careful that nobody at school will tell him the truth. That would probably break his heart. But other than that I think you can keep this up for as long as hes enjoying it. :))

Ho Ho Ho
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I believed until 3rd grade and only because my teacher spilled the beans to the whole class on Santa, the easter bunny,ect. Of course she choose to do this bery close to the holidays. That ruined the magic of christmas for me forever...even after my kids were born.

I hope my kids believe for a long time.I will only tell them the truth when they have figured it out and ask me about it.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 1:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My 9 1/2 year old will still visit santa this year along with her sisters who will be almost 8 & almost 2. I am not 100% sure she still believes, she may just be humoring me :)
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My DD is 10 1/2, last yr was her first year not believing. But she still acts surprised for the sake of her younger brothers!! My father plays Santa every year and she still visits and acts like he is real!!
    jennylynn22003

Answer by jennylynn22003 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My DD was 9,but she didn`t tell me she knew.But I told her when she was 10,we went shopping for Christmas presents.Well she just thought it was a regulery mother dd outing lol.then toys told her if her and her cousin talked about ''santa claus'' then she said yes and i siad you already know dont you she had alittle smerk on her face lol kids.:)
    jenhen12

Answer by jenhen12 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You are lying to your children.....
    Anonymous

• My son is 12 years old. He has been told the truth but truly enjoys the spirit of Christmas and chooses to believe in Santa. Santa is more than an old man riding in a sleigh bringing toys to the children. "Santa" is the magic of Christmas. I can't tell you how many times I can't figure out how I am going to pay for Christmas presents, and something happens to allow me to be able to do so. Last year my mom was almost died at Christmastime. The only thing my son wanted was for her to survive. She made it through and is doing relatively better.

cocosmama30

Answer by cocosmama30 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My oldest is 10 and last year she discovered there wasn't Santa. The year previous to this she was on the fence but still wrote out her list for and put out the cookies on Christmas Eve. She still was very excited on Christmas morning and is doing a great job on not spilling the beans to her little sister. It is sad that she no longer believes, but it is also a bit of a relief. It is much easier to keep the secret from one than 2, she is also a great help shopping.
    vnesmom33

Answer by vnesmom33 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My boys are 9 and 10 the 10 yo has known but my 9yo still is uncertain...I think he knows that no Santa no Santa presents LMAO Yeah, I too think they have some belief for the fact of the Christmas spirit...yesterday while doing some cleaning my 10 yo wanted to make sure we got out our annual Santa cookie and reindeer carrots plates. I think the milk mug broke a few years back...maybe I'll have him shop this year for a replacement for my present...then I can make sure he gets it a a family heirloom...how's that for long-term thinking???and keeping them believing in the fantasy that is christmas for generations to come.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I believed in Santa till I was 11 years old. Even then I didn't want to give up the "magic" of it all. I never saw it as my parents having "lied" to me about it. It was just all in good fun and the magic of the season - along with the true meaning (Jesus) of the season.
    Anonymous