How to hold a successful bake sale?

I'm in charge of a bake sale for a benefit this weekend. I'm baking tons of cookies and have friends baking other stuff. What can I do to make this bake sale a successful one?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 8:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Make sure you get the word out about when, where and what it's for. I know some local radio stations will do free PSA's, so if it's for a certain benefit you may be able to get some free advertising. I would also make sure that people who have favorite's be able to request something in particular. For instance, everyone loves my mom's red velvet cake, so when we hold a bake sale for church, we get people who specifially request it. She will bake extras knowing that they will sell well, and if we have a item that is limited, but we know a lot of people want, we will do like a cake walk or a raffle for it. That way you make more money off of it, and people normally don't mind buying a ticket for $1 knowing it's going to a good cause anyway.
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 12:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Not sure about advice. I've never run one, but have baked for the church sale. Maybe make sure you have enough volunteers, and have friends and neighbors help you bake? I don't know, but good luck!!! Hope you sell everything!
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Never had one but use to volunteer and cook for alot of people.
    Sapphire51

Answer by Sapphire51 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2010