My son is 17 months...,.

And super clingy.... He ALWAYS has to be on my lap... is that normal?

Also he always wants the stupid binky... how do I get rid of that habit?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Seperation anxiety maybe?

About the binkie....try weaning him from it. Like only let him have it at bed time and nap time....then eventually cut out nap time....then bed time. That's how I did it with my 2 older boys. My 18 month old now never took to one so I got lucky there. :)

Good luck!
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My 17 month old daughter is the same way. Its starting to wear on me. I cant cook, clean or do anything around the house because if she isnt on my hip she is crying or if she sees me then she starts crying. From the second I get home from work till she goes to bed only mommy will do. A nyone else she just cries.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 9:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• He always has his head between my legs grabbing both of them... if he can't see me he is screaming !
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I am hoping its only a phase for us. Is he ok with daddy or if he sees you and he is with daddy or other caregiver is that the end of the world too?
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 11:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My 17 month old son is the same way. I cant cook, clean or do anything around the house because if hes not by me hes is crying even when hes napping if i go try and do something he will get up and cry if i'm not in the bed with him
    mommy223326

Answer by mommy223326 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I thought i was the only one with a super clingy toddler! Good to know that its normal. My son is 18 months and wont let me out of his sight! if i start reading a book or something he will get mad. He has to have my full attention at all times. Its so frustrating sometimes!!!! So glad i'm not alone. I'm hoping its just a phase...
    yevsgirl

Answer by yevsgirl at 12:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2010