Why do people always judge from the outside?

Sapphire51

Asked by Sapphire51 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I try not to.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:52 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• well its human nature, also if its family or friends who are doing thr judging it could be because they care and dont want to see you being hurt.`
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• humans are still animals in a natural world
    it is instict for the deer to look for differences in their environment , could be danger, like predetor

now, humans are no longer looking for predetors,
    but it is normal to see differences,
    but it is society twisted wrong to make something negetive out of differences
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• to feel that they'r better , cause they know they'r not ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 8:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It's human nature to make an instant judgement and anyone who says they don't is a liar. It's what YOU DO with that judgement that makes you who you are. I mean come on.. would you be with the man you are with if there wasn't a physical attraction to bring you together in the first place? If you thought he was unattractive or ugly you wouldn't have given him the time of day when he came on to you.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 9:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Because we are not on the inside.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• because it's the first thing people see

what people wear, how they carry themselves & how well they take care of themselves can show a little bit of character of that person. You cannot make a solid judgemnent just be looking at someone though. BUT, if you see someone wearing raggity clothes, they're dirty & look like crap...there is a good chance your judgment of them being homeless might not be totally off.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• because that's the first thing they see I suppose
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It's natural. It's the first thing we see. It's not whether you judge or not it's about keeping an open mind to allow that judgement to be changed.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:28 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Your first impression of anyone is their appearance. I try not to judge, but if I see someone dressed sloppily, I think they are lazy or don't care. If I see someone dressed nice, I will assume they are some sort or professional. It's human nature.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:32 AM on Nov. 9, 2010