Do men really go through a "mid life crisis"? If so how do they act?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 8:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• My personal view.
    Men & women alike go through "Mid life crisis".. A Mid life crisis is when a person hits a point and time in their life (and it can happen at any age & any stage) in which they begin questioning their lives, themselves, and their happiness. It's that time when one stops and asks themselves "Am I really happy....... Am I really doing what I want to do.......Am I really living up to my potential.....Am I really living up to my own ideals and dreams....etc".. Most people have this happen more than once in a lifetime (I know I have).

A "Mid LIfe Crisis" in and of itself is not a bad thing or a good thing. The bad or good comes into play in regards to how someone handles this time of questioning. Some handle it in a postive manner: going back to school, career change, exercising more, travelling.etc. Some handle it in a negative manner: sports car, trying to dress act younger, affairs, leaving family..etc
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• my dad cheated.. i can't really say he turned into an asshole because he always was one.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 8:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I can't say they regress because my husband was actually smarter and made better choices when he was 20 than when he was 40. At 40, all of a sudden...he doesn't know why he's doing or why he did it. I'm on the brink of almost leaving because my sanity, health and even my life can't handle him pulling another stupid stunt.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My dad has been going through one for a few years now...in some ways it's good because he's losing weight and stuff but he is starting to act vain about himself and talk about girls like he's a teenage boy. it is rather annoying. at least he's not doing something too crazy.
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have 2 friends who's husbands went through mid-life crisis. Both are divorced now.

One hooked up with Ex girl friend from college (she was married too) on Face Book and started having an affair. My friend left him since he seemed to just want to re-live his glory college days.

The other decided he was single and childless again. Started going out to bars like he was, started dating someone he knew from work that thought he was single. Ultimately left his family, quit his job and is working some crap job, living with his parents, not paying child support. Total loser.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 9:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Women and men do. They basically try to recapture their youth. Whether it's having an affair with a younger women, dying their hair, wearing clothes that are out of their age group, buying sports cars, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• One of the reasons I'm very glad my hubby and I waited to get married. Too many people are in a rush to get married at 23 or so and haven't yet found themselves or gotten out all that young wildness and craziness. It will eventually show itself and it's better to let it out before committing to a lifelong partnership than to one day just abandon it and day say, "oh I missed out on somehting and I'm going to go do it now. Buh-bye!"
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 11:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2010