Inviting friends & family for Christmas...

and thanks to you wonderful ladies I have decided to go ahead and send the invites. Now, I'm wondering how far in advance should I send them? I know my MIL is asking in July if we are coming to her house for Thanksgiving & Christmas (which is why we are blindsided every year - it just keeps getting earlier), but I'm sure normal people don't do this. My plan is to have a late afternoon/early evening dinner so that there is time for families to share Christmas morning with thier little ones. Is December 1 too early or late to send them out? I know I'm stressing over this way too much, but I really don't want MIL to take over (and she has a tendency to do that if things are not set up early enough). Thanks for any suggestions you can share.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 9:01 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• I think sometime during the first week in December would be fine. There are alot of things going on in December with parties ect so I think people like to have advance notice.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would send them right after Thanksgiving. People get so many invites for December you want to make sure you get yours out early. Have fun!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I don't know about normal people but my SIL has been known to make plans a year in advance. if you want to send them out dec 1 see no reason not to
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think Dec 1st is good, but if you see family at Thanksgiving, I would mention to them to look for the invitation.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• either the day after Thanksgiving or Dec.1 is a good time to send out your invites...
    I would do an RSVP on them too... gives you an idea of the number of ppl coming...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think around Thanksgiving is fine. People like to have plenty of time to figure out holiday plans.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010