who's fault is it?

in general, I know it's mine. *sigh*I took my son to school.I drive a van. backed into a parking space which had another car parked directly behind it. a small car. I backed in slowly and parked but saw I was still out a little too far into the drive so I backed up super slow about 1 foot into the parking spot.didn't hear or feel anything. a girl walks past my car,turn around and look behind mine and kinda threw a quick fit. but she walked past me with no words. when my son was ready to go in I looked behidn my car and saw my car was touching her car. her car was about 18 inches into my parking spot but she was parked first. so I moved my car up about 6 inches to check for damages. didn't see anything til I pulled away completely and saw a 3 inch dent. the guilt in me left an apology and my number should she want repair. her car looked like it came from a dump so I hope not :( ..my fault? she over parked but I backed up

saralouise

Asked by saralouise at 9:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yeah, it's still your fault. There was no police report filed which is good for you! Y'all just need to contact your insurance companies & have them handle it. Wait for her to call you first though...she might not want to deal with it & not call you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:23 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It is your fault, you backed into her. Hopefully she doesn't claim the repair, but you did the right thing by giving her your name/number.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes, it would be your fault. I would be pretty upset (but, then again my car is only a couple of years old). Since you left the scene there is no documentation that she was overparked (and I don't think it would matter, anyway).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• actually I took picture of her overparking with my cell phone and I took a picture of her license plate and it shows about 3 feet of parking space behind her car. so I do have that but I know it's still my fault. hopefully she wont call and it wont be a big deal :/
    saralouise

Comment by saralouise (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• well technically if you just left a note it could be considered a hit and run.. not sure though. So it could cause a big stink.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:05 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• most people not all in her case with a junky car anyways look for reasons to get new know what i mean ... I would be prepared for some kind of court doccument ..she will either turn it that way or may not even fool with it at all ... and unfortunetly is it your fault ..best of luck with this though :)
    sweethonesty520

Answer by sweethonesty520 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010