Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

How do I get help for my depression???

I dont have a primary care provider and I dont know who can prescribe me something to help me. Not sure who I should call or who can help me......


Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Get a primary care giver....that should be your first step. Get a complete physical and then talk to the doctor about your depression.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

  • In a lot of cases, you can self refer to a mental health specialist and they can help figure out your needs. It depends on if you have insurance, state aid, etc. It's obviously not a route you want to try by yourself. I've known of people who will order meds online without even seeing someone. That's not the safest way to go because a discussion with an actual physician will determine the best type of therapy/medication you need.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 9:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

  • If you have any health insurance, call the number on the back of the card and ask for a mental health provider. HUGS to you.

    Answer by kjrn79 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

  • look up low income clinics, go to your local DSHS clinic or go to the ER... If you need to talk you can message me, I went through that battle and it's a hard one... GL!!

    Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2010