What kind of glaze or seasoning do you use on your turkey?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I stuff it with oranges, lemons, onions, garlic and herbs. I use the same herbs (herbes de provence, oregano, rosemary, thyme and sage) and mix it with olive oil, salt and pepper and brush the outside of the turkey with it. I put more oranges, lemons, onion and garlic in the pan. Comes out perfect every single year.  I usually make two of them since our family is so large. 

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 9:40 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Stuff a duck and a chicken in it and fry that bitch!!!
    I'm so looking forward to my coonass thanksgiving!
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• we actually use a injection thing that injects the seasoning into the chickens meat. I really don't know the recipe but it is the only way to go. DH is the turkey cooker in our family I do all the sides. But I know you can find them online.
    Sarahs_bowtique

Answer by Sarahs_bowtique at 9:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My MIL also tried the brine method last year and she said it was easy. It's basically just a salty marinade that you soak the turkey in and rinse it off before cooking and stuffing it. I think I might try it too because it was really tender and flavorful. Now watch I mess it up. I can't cook a turkey to save my life!
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 9:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The only thing I put on my turkey. Is is is stuff with stuffing and then put butter in between the skin and meat.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I soak it in a brine overnight and then coat it with olive oil when I bake it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I use softened butter with poultry seasoning and Lawrey's seasoned salt and rub it under the skin and all over. I cook it in an oven bag. Always moist but the skin browns nicely.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:39 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Onion Powder, and Fresh minced Garlic rubbed on the skin. Then slip some orange sliced under the skin and put sprigs in rosemary, whole peeled garlic, and whole peeled onions in the cavity.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I peel core and dice an apple and stuff the turkey with it. Then I will use a tablespoon maybe a little more depending on size of turkey of olive oil and coat the turkey then sprinkle it with salt all over the outside. cover with the tin foil tent and bake at 350 an hour for every pound
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 9:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I rub butter all over it, season it with a few different spices, and inject it with chicken broth while it cooks. However, I have an awesome recipe for the most flavorful and tender (my way is also uber tender, mm) turkey ever..can't wait to use it!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2010