Is it true to posting mirrors facing outward is a good thing? So far so good....

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mirrors have been used in China for centuries to "reflect negativity" from the home and in Feng Shui Practices. By placing Bagua Mirrors in strategic places around the home negativity & evil are meant to be reflected away from the home. You would have to do some research, or contact a Feng Shui Master to really learn how all that works and where they go.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:28 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Well I've heard of them being placed opposite a window(facing the window) as a means to help increase the lighting in the home by reflecting that which is coming in. It also tends to give the room an appearance of being larger and open, so it can be good according to those aspects of it.
    Now if you're referring to placing a mirror right against the glass of a window like you would a dream cathcher, with the reflective side facing outwards, you aren't going to add much to anything except the ability of your neighbors to squint and wonder what you were thinking.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• ? Posting mirror outward? Never heard of it...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• for what? Can you explain more I never heard of this.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Well it would be a good thing for me, heck I have to sneak up on a glass of water...lol
    Sapphire51

Answer by Sapphire51 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No , as far as the last paragraph. You place them behind objects facing outwardsor in mosiac pieces behind other objects or portraits and or paintings.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• of Kristi. Yes, SabrinaMBowen that is what I am referring to.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• basically what it does is reflect any negative energy coming into your home out.. it doesn't hurt to do a cleansing and house blessing as well.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 2:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If it keep evil away that a good thing
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• whaaaaaaaat? Evil? Facing mirrors out? WOw.......
    Isn't this the 21st Century?I thought that kind of "keeping evil out" and all that went away after they decided it might not be too realistic to burn witches at the stake in Salem,Massachusetts? I mean.....do you really think you need to "cleanse a house" --other than maybe mopping the floors and cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms ? LOL.
    Anonymous