How should Nancy respond to the letter recently written to her? funniest response gets Best Answer

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/11/report-defeated-dems-writing-l.html

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 9:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Dear Defeated Members,

F*ck off, you bunch of losers. You will take this gavel when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Respectfully,
    Nancy

*for those prone to premature exasperation, of course this wasn't intended as a threat.  it is just a joke*

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Dear minions,
    Sorry, can't help you there. If I lose this cherry gig I won't be able to keep my insurance 2 years from now, and the stripped down policy I'd have to switch to in order to afford it wouldn't cover my Botox.
    TTFN,
    Nance
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• "Um, well....uh, let me think about this for a while....you see, um, I am certain that I am not certain that this is what is most beneficial to me and of course to the country. I believe there is a protracted sense of misguided loyalty and such. So that the party of the first part what's to discredit in an accusatory manner the party of the second part. And, um...., well, uh, it is therefore in my sacred duty and trust to put forth a new call that would ease all manner of uncivility as is called for at these percarious times..........in short, them me be clear, I really don't think so!!!"
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Sorry Defeated Members,
    But my baton is so far up my Ass that even I can't get it!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:02 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No.

I have to make my "O" face two hundred more times before the end of the year to keep my eyebrows semi mobile. I can only do that while simultaneously screwing your grandchildren out of every last dime.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I vote for Quinn Mae's response - funny all the way around ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have nothing funny to say but I'd welcome her back as speaker. She was a hoot before and now being unable to do anything but make that mean face, she will be ever more entertainment for America.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Oh that little ole thing last week doesn't mean a thing, my Bud still lives in the WH, it's all good, AND I have ordered a brand new 10ft tall, impenetrable gavel for the next "shove it up their "we the people" asses" ceremony, tehehe...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• "Madam Speaker, fairly or unfairly, Republicans made you the face of the resentment and disagreement in our races. While we commend your years of service to our party and your leadership through many tough times, we respectfully ask that you step aside as the top Democrat in the House

The letter says that the defeated members "fear that Republicans will further demonize you, and in so doing, they will scare potential candidates out. The prospect of having to run against their own party leadership, in addition to their Republican opponent is simply too daunting."

The lawmakers also say that "one mark of a strong leader is the ability to discern when it is time to pass the baton" and calls this a "dark hour."

The letter closes asking Pelosi to step aside

jewjewbee

Comment by jewjewbee (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2010