Can he have a bath now?

His belly button fell off but it looks a little juicy/raw where it was attached... Is it okay for him to have a bath or should I wait until that is drier? Should I continue to put alcohol on that part?

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just make sure you rinse it and dry it well. And keep using alcohol to dry it up. Sometimes spongebath are easier though when they are that little.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i would wait another day or two and keep spongebathing and drying it out further with alcohol. im sure it would be okay to give him a bath if it fell out though.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I always did but some people say to wait. I would just keep putting some alcohol down in there to dry it up.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I was told to not dry it out with alcohol. I gave my daughter a sponge bath until she was a few months old, just because it was easier.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would give it another day or so, and I would NOT use alcohol.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I just had a baby in july. Alcohol is not harmful to the baby. It can dry their skin so if you want put some lotion on his belly around the belly buttom. They don't use it anymroe int he hospitals because now they say it takes the same amount of time to dry up with or without alcohol. I still used it though.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• if the cord piece came off you can give him a bath now. If your not sure, you could make sure with your doctor!!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2010