Going into labor and have a cold

I'm being induced for labor tomorrow night and as of yesterday, I've had a cold. The works-sore throat, slight fever, stuffy nose and a small cough. I don't want to have a cold while trying to push this little one out and I definitely don't want to give a newborn a cold! Any quick fix tips? Have any of you had a cold while in labor?

slowyourrole

Asked by slowyourrole at 10:01 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your milk has antibodies that will protect your baby, that one reason breastfeeding is so important.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 10:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would first try to delay the induction.

A neti pot will clean you out pretty well. Plenty of vitamin C and rest.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:09 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• not sure how to get rid of it fast, but I was induced with my second baby and I had a cold and so did DH I was still induced. She didn't get the cold either
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The odds are against me on trying to have a natural birth! He's almost 2 weeks past due and I now have this cold!
    slowyourrole

Comment by slowyourrole (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• From what I'm getting on google searches, a lot of women catch colds right before going into labor. Almost as if it's a sign that you're going into labor. Haven't found any good remedies apart from the usual vitamin c and honey tea.
    slowyourrole

Comment by slowyourrole (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2010