Taking Prometrium Vaginally? adult content

Is anyone else taking prometrium vaginally? I am and my very understanding SO has been shoving it up there for me, but tomorrow he is leaving for 4 days. He can get it way in there and I can't even feel it once it is in. I have put it in myself a few times but I have small hands and it came out or I saw it on the toilet paper after it disolved and it felt like I had a little rock up there. I even tried using a tampon applicator. Any advice? I am really nervous that I will not be able to keep enough in.

LSUFFMomma

Asked by LSUFFMomma at 10:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Never heard of it but Good Luck!
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 10:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Lay on your back with your hips tilted up and put it in as far as you can get it. Lay there for a few minutes before getting up. Wear a panty liner in case some comes out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• What if it comes out? Should I put what I can back in? It is usually disolved a bit. I know this is gross but I am not sure why this seems so difficult for me.
    LSUFFMomma

Comment by LSUFFMomma (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If you have the option of doing it before bedtime instead of in the morning you will have better luck keeping more of it in, and what does come out the next morning is not wasted since your body will have already absorbed the progestin from the prometrium.

If you have to take it in the morning then plan to lay down for several minutes after you insert it. If you lay there for a while at least some of it will disolve and run down hill (further up inside if your hips are up). I always had some of it come back out. My doctor told me I was probably absorbing more than I realized and it was normal to lose at least part of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• may i ask why u have to do that??? just curious. lol
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 12:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I am taking it to prevent a sixth miscarriage. Not fun but worth it. I have to take it in the morning and at night:(. I did it myself tonight but my so had to push it further in after a few minutes. He leaves for 4 days tomorrow and I will be on my own.
    LSUFFMomma

Comment by LSUFFMomma (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Nov. 10, 2010