I flooded my carpet! Help! How do I get the water out?

I overflowed my bathtub last night, and the water seeped UNDERNEATH the carpet. I thought "whew, at least it didn't get the carpet." Then, when I stepped on the carpet, water squished up from between my toes!!! I stayed up until 2am using towels to soak up the water, but I think there is still some under there. Is there any way to get this water out without having to rip the carpet up & replace it? I'm so upset! My husband is going to flip!

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 8:14 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Use a wet vac; see if your local Home Depot or other hardware store has one you can rent if you don't have one. Suck up the water as best you can and then air out the carpet as best you can; open windows, set up fans, etc. We've been through this several times. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Thank you! My grandmother has a shop vac, and I'm going to get it now!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 8:33 AM on Nov. 2, 2008