how much longer? adult content

i went into preterm labor last thursday... when i got to the hospital i was 1 cm 75% effaced... when i left on sunday i was 2 cm an 75%. i went back to the dr yesterday for a check up and i was a little more then 2cm and 90"%. since last night i have been losing my mucus plug. has anyone gone through anything similar? if so how long after did you go into labor?

ColeK0228

Asked by ColeK0228 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Really it just all depends on your body. You may get to 3cm and stop. Or you may continue on and keep dialating. You can't really tell. It contractions you should really be monitoring. Good Luck!!!
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 10:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have been 3.5 cms dilated, 70 percent effaced, baby head down and low, and lost my mucus plug since 35 weeks. I am now 38 weeks, 1 day pregnant and still no labor... Just contractions, but my cervix has now stalled.

It could be hours, days, or weeks..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• yeah, just depends on Ur body, i was 1cm dilated at 37wks and 80% then the next week at 2.5cm so just depends, but good luck to u. of coarse if Ur worried or in too much pain I'm sure Ur Dr will induce right.?
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 12:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• thank you. i started at 1 cm at 29 weeks. and have slowly progressed since then... i think partially with the help of mag. and strict bed rest. they are hoping i make it at least 3 more weeks.... so we will see.
    ColeK0228

Comment by ColeK0228 (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010