How often do you sweep? How often do you dust?

As a working mom, I have very late hours and don't get to sweep every day as I would like. I am so surprised to find dust bunnies all over our apartment after only two days. It drives me crazy sending me into a cleaning frenzy. How often do you sweep? Can you suggest anything to generate less dust in the home?

papercutout

Asked by papercutout at 10:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• not often enough I wish I could afford to hire someone for this.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• rarely lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I sweep every other day. dusting is something I dont get too.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Dust? What's that? Dust is almost all skin flakes, so with the exception of dying, there isn't too much you can do about producing it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have to sweep at least every other day. Or else there's dust and other crap all over the floor. We have forced air heating through out our house as well as hard wood floors so that makes dust worse. Our big screen TV and cabinet gets dusted every single day and by night it's dusty again.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• im in an apartment, and it's mostly carpet with the exception of our tiny kitchen and two bathrooms. so i dont have to sweep often, maybe once or twice a week. dusting is a different story, we collect lots of dust even though i am always on top of it. i probably dust every other day and each time there is already a thin layer built up.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I sweep the kitchen everday and I work. Sweep bathrooms once a week.
    Vacuum-when needed but usually once a week.
    Dust- as needed, once a week for sure, sometimes twice.

Buy feather dusters for your kids. Let them play in the furniture polish. I bought a broom for my kids at the dollar store and cut it down to size. Have fun!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• twice a week
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I sweep and dust at least once a week. When I dust I use pledge that makes our home smell good so it's an encouragement for me (I really like the way the blue can smells). I sweep the kitchen more often than the rest of the house, usually once a day, and mop it once or twice a week.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I use the vaccuum everyday on the carpets and about every other day on the hard floors...I have dusting tool that attatches and I run it across the electronics,shelves,stands, blinds, and just about anywhere else that dust collects usually about once a week. My DD has asthma and allergies and we have a cat so I have to do it that often to stay on top of all of that. I am also a SAHM so cleaning is what I do and I have time for. You could look into getting a good air purifier to capture some of the dust.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2010