How did you come up with your baby's name?

I know some people let others name them, some people get out the book, but how did you do it?

So far I dreamed about Makaylah as a girl name, and I've always wanted to name my son from the Bible so I'm thinking Elijah (took a personality name quiz and that came up as well) lol weird huh...

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 10:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Baby Names

• i have a friend who named her son Elijah. very awesome name, if I had a boy I would probably copy her lol.

anyways, my oldest's name is Lily. not sure where I came up with it, was just driving thru the mountains one day while prego with her and the name came to me lol. my second is Savannah, because she was conceived at an army base outside of the city. LOL but we won't tell her that =) it's such a beautiful name though. and my youngest is Taylor, hubby came up with that one. yes, she's a girl and I didn't like the name choice at first, but it fits her and it grew on me now =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• When we got pregnant We decided I could pick the name if it was a girl and my husband could pick the name if we had a boy. We found out at 5 months that we were having a boy.. finally 1 week before I had him He had decided on MAx. It is after Max Baer a famous boxer in the 1930's and also after Maximus from a movie..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We put out emails asking every ones ideas and then we choose from there! It just happened our daughters god mother picked her name!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• DH was picking apart names from road signs on our drive up to my grandmother's for my baby shower. He came up with Tess from a welcome sign to TEnneSSee.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I knew from my childhood what my kids names were going to be. :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• With my oldest his 1st name -Connor was inspired by a book I read, and his middle name- Joseph is my dad's 1st name. My 2nd hubs and I had a hard time agreeing on a 1st name, and one day we were watching a Colin Baker episode of Doctor Who and one of us said "what about Colin" and we both finally agreed on it. His middle name is Carrier, which is a family name in my family, and was my Grandpa's middle name. We joke sometimes that we should have named him Colin Baker. Our 3rd is named after 2 athletes (and I did like how the names sounded together)- -Shawn Michael-- after "the Heartbreak Kid" WWE superstar Shawn MIchaels and after F1 Champion Michael Schumacher.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I am named after my maternal & paternal grandmothers. Hariet Rose & Francis Elizabeth, so Elizabeth Rose. My DD is Kristen Grace, ater Teresa Kristen (my mother) and Grace Ann (my DF's grandmother. His mom's a pill)
    KristensMoM305

Answer by KristensMoM305 at 10:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I've loved the name Scarlett Abigail since I was a freshman in high school. Got Scarlett from the actress Scarlett Pomers in the TV Show "Reba." I got Abigail from the character on the soap opera "Days of Our Lives." Just heard the names, thought they were beautiful and just knew my first daughter's name would be that and they were.

My next child's name will either be Oliver Liam or Olivia Eindy, which are a combination of names of some of our deceased loved ones (hubby's mother and father and my grandfather).
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We did something similar but my bf gets to choose the girl name & I get to choose the boy...I just have a girl name on standby just in case :) hehe
    Dark-N-Prego

Comment by Dark-N-Prego (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Mostly from baby books. We gave my oldest his dads name for middle, and next son named after my DH's brother but changed James to Jaime.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:39 AM on Nov. 9, 2010