What do I get DH for Christmas?

Okay so here are the details... I never buy anything for myself and I know he will get me something, but he has been spending a LOT of money this year buying everything he wants for himself. He has bought a 4-wheeler and everything he wants for it. Subs for his truck, video games and just about anything he decided he wanted this whole year. So I hate to be greedy and I will feel like a jerk if I dont get him anything (but I honestly dont know what I can possibly get him that he hasn't already got himself) In addition to this he has spent sooo much money we are strapped for the kids presents (which by the way I am having to manage- he's not helping figure it out even though he spent the money) - So what do you ladies think?

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 10:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• I'm thinking he had Christmas year round! Concentrate on the kids and things you need then, if you happen to have something leftover, buy him a card or something with his favorite sports team on it lol...
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 10:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• He sounds pretty much wrapped up in himself. Really a selfish individual and pretty immature for him to spend all this money on himself when you have children to take care of. YOU can do BAD by yourself. He has you totally brain-washed if you feel that you would be seen as "greedy" for not indulging him farther. I pray you do not take this the wrong way but you have some "wrong-thinking" going on in your head and very little self-love to put up with this. Would a man that really loved you and your kids put himself before everyone else in the family? Especially the kids. I am all for staying married if there is a way to make it work for the good of all. But both people need to have a mature outlook on life, i.e. priority of responsibilities (kids). You know what you need to do. I pray that you will find the strength to do it. Blessings to you and your children.
    bamachild88

Answer by bamachild88 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• buy him something he wont expect u to buy him
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• How about socks and underwear - he's gotten oodles of toys, get him something useful.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• bamachild88: this 1 thing is pretty much his only weak point. other than that he is a wonderful father and husband. I totaly understand what you are saying. I just dont know how in the world I can help make him grow up. This is the main problem. He just WANTS a LOT and acts immaturely about how to go about getting it. I have told him b4 that he would still get things he wanted if he would wait to get them as presents but he is just worse than a 3 year old sometimes- he has the "I want it now" soooo bad! It just gets annoying. so part of me want to feel like since i never get anything for me and he typically doesnt without being told to, I just want to finally have what little there is about me (aside from the children of course) but then I honestly feel that the good about him needs to be shown that it is appreciated. I just dont know how to show him thisw/o indulging him more or being "nothing" compared to what he got himself
    hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• How about a book on budgeting?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• SweetLuci: LOVE IT!!! Now if only he would sit and read a book I would have the present delema solved and maybe gain some sanity :) but ya no book I have ever got him has he cracked the cover so not worth wasting more money on ...
    hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Make him a cd of meaningful songs. Bake him his favorite dessert. He sounds a little like my father in law, rest his soul. He didn't buy things for himself year round, but at Christmas time he'd go out and purchase what he liked (say a TV) and come home and say Thanks for the TV you got me. It was just what I wanted. Mom just shrugged and went with it.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2010