bleeding for 7 months

My best friend had her baby a month before I did and ever since her c-section she says she has been bleeding almost everyday, not as heavy as a period but enough to worry about, especially after it being so long! She says she wants to go to the doctor but she can't afford it, and she can't get insurance or qualify for meidcaid. Does anyone have any advice to get her to listen to me or what in the world could be wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Health

• Is she on any kind of birth control now? Things like the depo shot can cause very light bleeding....I had very mild bleeding for 4 months or so I finally just stopped taking it
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• After the birth of my son I was on the depo shot. I bled until after I stopped taking it. A few years later I had heavy bleeding that had me fainting. Once my son found me "dead" in the shower & freaked out, I knew it was past time to get help. I was admitted twice through the ER for low blood counts. It was 3 months apart & I was given 3 bags of blood both times. Years later I finally found a Dr. who was able to help me without doing a hysterectomy. She did a DNC & uteral ablasion. I only have 1 child & cannot have anymore due to the procedure but, I don't regret it. Since then I only have occasional spotting (3 times in 3 years).
    MotherII

Answer by MotherII at 11:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I'm not a doctor, but I had this problem that just sort of started and lasted for about 3 months. I went on the pill for about a month to try and get it in check, then started acupuncture. went off the pill and it's never happened again.

that's my personal story- she may want to consider chinese medicine.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I was still bleeding after a natural child birth almost two months later, and I started running a fever. It was a good thing I went to the doctor because I had a mild infection in my uterus that cleared right up with the medication. Are there any free clinics in her area that she could go to? Maybe she could explain the situation to her OB
    grace727

Answer by grace727 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Id try and find a clinic to go to
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 1:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• try and find some help
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would see if she could find a clinic that takes hat a patient can pay or is free because 7 months seems like a long time. It may not be anything serious, but for the sake of her child (if not her own) she should get it checked.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2010