when?

Hey!
I am 13 weeks and I have my third appt. for Dec. 2, they want me to decide if i want to do genetic testingor not... Anyone ever had it done? I am thinking i don't want to, i will just see what God has blessed me with when the time comes. Another ?- When will i be able to tell the sex of my baby? what month? I am so ready to get ahead on buying things!

BRITTN3Y

Asked by BRITTN3Y at 10:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had it done, but not because I would have an abortion. I had my last two at age 39 and 40...so I wanted to be prepared and educated in case I was expecting a special need child. I did not have it done when I was younger. I think 25 weeks is when you can tell the sex.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No to the testing!!! I like your plan, trust God. You will probably be able to tell the sex in Jan. Good luck lil momma!!!
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Congratulations! Genetic testing can be used to help you prepare for a problem. That doesn't mean you would abort if there is a problem. However, millions of women have forgone the testing and we did just fine with what God blessed us with. I have a daughter with physical and mental issues and I don't think even if I had had the testing done it would have made a difference.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• They usually can tell the sex of the baby around 19 weeks. I had an ultrasound, I didn't realize that was considered genetic testing. I think in this day and age it's a good thing to know this way you can plan the room colors and be sure that anyone who wants to purchase new outfits and what not can do so without looking for greens and yellows :)
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We learned both of our baby's genders at about 16 weeks.

As for the genetic testing... I never had it done, but I had no reason to believe that there would be any major reason for it, nothing in my family history like Down's Syndrome or any other similar serious concerns.
    Crimsonia

Answer by Crimsonia at 11:32 AM on Nov. 9, 2010