Answer this anonymously if you want...I'm just curious... adult content

How many of you have had husbands that cheated on you?
Did you divorce or stay?
If you divorced, are you happy you did? If you stayed, are you happy you did?
If you stayed, did he do it again?
If you stayed and he didn't do it again, how long has it been?
If you stayed, were you ever able to get rid of the images and if so, how?

Please help, it's been over a year and I just get angrier and angrier and every time I look at his face all I can think of is how he had that nasty gotti stuck in the town bicycles nasty crotch.

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:02 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine cheated 3 times.

The first time I suspected, but didn't catch him, so I stayed.
    The second time, he waited till I was 8 months pregnant to admit it. I stayed because I was scared to be on my own w/ 2 small children.
    The third time, I straight out caught him. He was on his way to his post, and I told him not to bother coming home and divorced him.

Now I see him after almost 10 years apart and I laugh my ASS off! I may be broke and have to work my fingers to the bone, but at least I'm not fat and balding and complaining about how hard it is to support my 4 kids because I had to immediately remarry as soon as I was divorced and start popping out more kids!
    Anonymous

• mine cyber-cheated.
    i stayed.
    he did it again.
    i still stayed.
    i haven't been the same since.
    he did get help, counseling.
    i'm just not happy.
    but i can't leave.
    it's been over a year, and i do watch him & his computer activity closely (i can't keep him off it, over 50% of his business is computer work - i can't do it, and there's no way for him to do it without a computer & internet).
    i still haven't been able to put any trust back on him.
    i don't trust him one iota.
    he broke it too hard and hurt me too bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have to admit that I wasn't officially married.
    I was in a long term relationship with my sons father. He was abusive both mentally and occasionally physically (occassionally physical means only physical abusive three times in 8 years). He cheated and lied. I had my son. Once my son was 5 years old I realized that I didn't want my son growing up thinking that unhappy relationships are healthy. My sons father 'went to the store' one night (he said he was going to circle k for a drink) by the time he got back... I had moved out.
    It took a long time for me to be happy. I never thought that I would be able to make it on my own. It's been 5 years now since I've moved out, there are days I feel that it may have been a better idea to stay. In the grand scheme of things I'm much happier knowing that I am not being cheated on. I feel a stronger sense of self value. I know that I would have never been able to get over it
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If I stayed I would have always have held it above his head
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No my husband has never cheeted on me....If he did I would get a divorce. I would not be able to handle the emotional rollocoster. I have friends thats husbands cheeted on them and they stayed together....and their husbands still do and it has been a few years since that has happened. I hope you can work everything out for you and your family....but please dont "stay together for the kids" because my parents did that for a few years and it was so bad....they hated eachother and it made it so hard for me and my sister....Just make sure you do what makes you happy...if you are happy your kids will be happy.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• How many of you have had husbands that cheated on you? My kids' dad and boyfriend of 8 years did
    Did you divorce or stay? I stayed.. for a while.
    If you divorced, are you happy you did? If you stayed, are you happy you did? No, I was not happy.. but I finally got out
    If you stayed, did he do it again? Hell yes he did.. a lot
    If you stayed and he didn't do it again, how long has it been? --
    If you stayed, were you ever able to get rid of the images and if so, how? I couldn't get any images outta my head.

I could never ever get over it..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:09 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think I have a husband that has had two affairs but I have no solid proof of this 9but my instincts tell me) and I'm still with him. Mainly because I love him and he supports the household. Once in a while I think about the other women having him in their arms! It hurts like hell but I can't picture myself being without him because we have been together for a very long time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Not I! But know many who have. Some stay and never get over it. Some are stronger than others and realize they deserve better.
    If I did get cheated on I would probably have to divorce!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:09 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I was married, he cheated on my with my best friend. We tried counseling but he was diagnosed as a sex and porn addict, he screamed that everyone was ganging up on him and stormed out. Counseling stopped but for our son's sake I tried staying. But after several more miserable years with his behavior being absolutely ridiculous I finally had enough and filed for divorce. I'm a better mother for not feeling miserable and letting my son live with one miserable parent and one that acts like he doesn't give a damn.

My son and I couldn't have been happier when we left and moved back in with my parents. And a few months after my divorce was final I met a wonderful man who is the complete opposite from my selfish ex husband. I'm re-married and we have a daughter together.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• been cheated on by men and woman.
    I'm still in as a SAHM. my dd's are under 5.
    On yeah, he did it again.
    As to getting rid of the images...not easy. took a few years.

But focusing on the negative will put you back into that icky mood every time. I had to learn not to demonize her so much and make her human before I could let go of the rage. I had to see her as a person who made a big mistake. I had to reach a point where my rage towards her was hurting me but not her and the only way out was to love her as a person so I could love me enough to let go of the rage. I'm still upset, hurt, angry but now my body isn't falling apart because of the rage. Forgive her, kinda of. She's human, she fucked up but she's not the one who betrayed me. He is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Nov. 9, 2010