This might be a dumb question but has anyone............... adult content

stayed with a cheating spouse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I did.

My husband had a one night stand a little over 16 years ago.
    We have now been married 25 years.

Our marriage is a better marriage than it was before. It is a happier marriage. We learned a lot and both came out the better for it. He became a better man and husband. I became a better woman and wife. We worked damn hard to rebuild our marriage (that was destroyed and at rock bottom long before he cheated) into a marriage that is : happy, healthy, loving and mutually fulfililling and satisfying.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have never, nor will ever. It may be easier said than done, but at the same time- I used to be in an abusive relationship, and I wished he would have cheated on me because I would have left much faster (twisted thinking, I know- and eventually I did leave for the right reasons). "Emotional" cheating is one thing, but if a man does it physically- he'll probably do it again...and if children are involved, it shows an enormous lack of respect. If someone isn't getting what they want or need in a relationship, they should communicate that- not go look for it somewhere else. I've seen women stay (friends, family members) and it only made the relationship worse b/c they never fully trusted their spouse. If you can't trust them, why be with them?
    Btw- not a dumb question, it happens...
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• it depends on the circumstances
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• probably more women have then realize it- there's a lot of men that have cheated and their So/spouses didn't know about it.

I go with the old dear abby /ann landers saying-

"are you better off with him or without him? "
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes I have.. =(..
    But I finally got outta that!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I tried for the sake of our son, but my ex husbands behavior just got worse and I'm SO thankfull he's now my ex.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• well...i'd imagine if it happens once, it'll happen again when your not looking.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes, I'm still with him for the moment. I don't want to be here. I want out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• yes i did stay with my partner,but sometimes it is very hard,you just have to stay strong and positive and give it time to trust him again.

baukje

Answer by baukje at 11:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes, I'm still here but it's torture every single day. Most days I can't stand to look at his face without wanting to rip his gotti and his lips right off it!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2010