Selling to Once Upon A Child

I plan on piling the car with DD's old toys within the next couple of weeks and taking them to Once Upon A Child (they sent out an e-mail asking for toys). Not sure what to expect though.

Has anyone done this...is it worth it?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 11:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OMG, I'm so done with that place. I'll just donate everything. They gave me $5 for a huge bag of Levis, guess, and baby gap. There were some outfits that my daughter never wore with THEIRstore tags still on them and they said they wouldn't take them because they were stained. Well, then they sold them stained. Then they sell the used stuff for like $10 a pop. So they made a lot.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We have 2 of these here in North Dakota & I use 1 of them..sometime's I get allot of cash & sometime's not..it all depends on what you take in & what they can use..the condition of the item is also what they look at..I've noticed that the better condition something is the better chance they will take it..I always come out of there w/some of my items though..they don't take it all..at least I've never had the store take ALL of my items on a visit...they do offer a lower price on items I know...I had a friend go in w/a new in box item & they offered her a few bucks when the item was over $20.00!! They offer you cash on the spot or store credit...I stopped using b/c last time I went in I only got offered like $20.00 for all the items in "their" basket & 1 of the items was a NEW costume still in package that was marked $20.00!! I now do ebay or rummage sales!
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have never gone to them because there isn't one near us, but i've heard from many ladies that they reject a LOT and pay very little for what they do accept. You might to better off selling on craigslist or ebay
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The toys need to be name brand stuff that is clean and all the pieces there and not broken in any way. They are VERY picky about what they accept and do not pay very much. I would try craigslist first and then take the stuff that didn't sell that way in.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I've done it quite a few times. If you're planning on getting a ton of money, and you wouldn't be satisfied with anything but a certain amount, I wouldn't suggest it. However, that being said, they don't completely rip you off either. I recently took in quite a bit of stuff that I didn't need, including a pack and play and a walker, and got $65. I donated whatever was left over that they didn't want. They want stuff in good condition, and for the clothing usually only buy things that are name-brand or brand-new. I'll continue to sell my stuff there. It's super easy, for one thing. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Oh, and I want to add...I'm pretty sure that the one I go to pays you 1/3 of what they plan on selling it for. And....you don't have to accept their offer. You can refuse it. Also, make sure you bring in stuff for the right season. Right now they aren't taking any summer stuff, for example.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:37 AM on Nov. 9, 2010