What do you get a 3 month old for Christmas?

My daughter will be 3 months old in December and family is starting to ask what they should get her for Christmas. She is our first baby so I have no idea what kind of things you get for a 3 month old baby...she is small for her age (she is 2 months and just starting wearing newborn clothes) so i don't want people to waste money on clothes she may never wear. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• savings bond, college fund, CD, some kind of savings $$
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• have them buy stuff that she will need now like diapers, wipes, rattles. It wont be long before she is exploring so you could get her some tummy time toys and a floor mat. If you are set for things like that maybe start thinking of her future and open a college savings account for her and just ask for them to add a small amount to help start her out. My DD was only a month old for her first Chrismas so we just bought her a few things that she needed (winter sleepers, more bottles, a few small toys,..)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Cloths for the next yr! They grow fast! :( Enjoy this age! I so miss babies!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Money for a savings account
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Think about what you will need in the next YEAR? A high chair? a stroller? toys? a backpack, frontpack, or sling? a bigger carseat? what did you NOT get for her that you would still like to have?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I agree with money for a college fund.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My son was 4 months on his first Christmas. He was just getting to be old/big enough to really start "playing" with toys so he got a lot of those and a few books for story time.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• SAME PROBLEM HERE! lol My woungest will be almost 4 months for Christmas..as if it wasnt hard enough to find them something my OLDEST has EVERYTHING that will be handed down to my youngest. I'm buying my youngest a new tummy time mat,and a mirror with lights I can see him in when hes in the rearfacing carseat! Just for his things to "open" and putting the rest up to have his 6 month pictures professionally made! Just a suggestion! Hope it helps!
    Mrs.Minyard09

Answer by Mrs.Minyard09 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Play mats. Especially the ones with music and lights that she can grow into and use when she's sitting up.
    Balls for her to learn to chase, hold onto, and chew on.
    Teething toys.
    Stacking toys.
    Sorting Toys. Where you put the different shapes in the similar holes.
    Things she can grow into and use for months to come.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Don't just think of things she can use now, think of what's coming up in the next several months- high chair, exersaucer or johnny jumper, books, toys, etc. Babies can always grow into clothes, but clothes are easy to come by and pick up here and there whereas something like an exersaucer can be expensive and is nice to get as a gift even if it sits in the box for a month or two until baby is ready for it.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2010