How can I get people to understand....

My son has a black eye....i got yelled at in the store for abusing my child!! I never touched him! We have a cat that he likes to play with and when she is laying on the windowseal he will go up to her and put his head down on it so she can play with his hair....well he gets super excited and smacks his head back down on the window seal and it gave him a black eye...How do I get people to understand this...they just think i am lying....I could never hurt my son! I just dont want someone to call CPS or something and them try to take my son away...I am so worried about this....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh Mommy.. its happens.. My son got his first black eye at 9 months old.. he was playing with a baby monitor to distract him while my husband was changing his diaper lol! Don't let some stupid persons comment make you so upset.. YOU know you didn't beat your child!! who is "THEY" that think you are lying? it was just the one comment, I woudln't worry about it
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If this happens regularly, I would suggest getting it on video! Always good to have proof.
    MotherII

Answer by MotherII at 11:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it. Kids get black eyes. Just act like a confident parent and ignore people. Even if they call CPS they can't take your kid away for a black eye ... as long as he is well cared for they aren't going to waste their time.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• First if someone does call CPS then they will investigate and as long as there are no other issues and nothing else happens in the near future then they will leave you alone. Second if it happens often then you do need to step in and do something about it. If it is a one time thing then fine things happen.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I usualy dont take my son out with me to the store because things take so much longer....and this is not his first black eye...he got one a few months ago because we changed him in to a toddler bed and he fell out and hit his little train...and last week he smacked his head...once again on the windowseal and got a big bump on his forhead....And people have seen how I am around my son and around other peoples kids and I rarley raise my voice at him let alone anything else.....I just got so worried about it when I was told that comment....I never even though about how it looks to other people....And now i worry because we are taking him to a sitter tomorrow night because DH and I have a military dinner we have to go to....and I dont want her to think this as well because I never meet her before...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Tell them to mind their own business. If they don't understand the situation then they don't need to stick their nose in it. You know what's right, not them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2010