did you breast feed or bottle feed?

and why? no judgements at all...

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 11:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bottle fed. Because that's what I knew worked best for us.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Breastfed ... because it was best for my baby and because I heard you would lose the weight fast.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• With my oldest we did both. My body simply couldn't keep up with what he needed...
    With number 2, I wanted to do both, but he wouldn't take a bottle. He would actually go 7 or 8 hours without eating (because I had to work) because he wouldn't take a bottle... So formula didn't work.
    I'm due in Dec. with number 3 & I plan to do both as well... I will need to go back to work at least part time and need to know that she's able to eat while I'm not home. I've tried and tried to pump, but it never worked for me...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Breastfed because I could and it because it is the perfect food for any child and it was much cheaper.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I bottle fed two and breastfed two. I bottle fed my first because I was not well informed about breastfeeding, but I do not feel too bad. My second I breastfed because I wanted to. My third, I bottle fed because I thought it would make my mom feel useful. She never got to feed her... And I feel horrible about not breastfeeding her. And my baby right now, I am breastfeeding. We both love it, and I feel it is much easier than bottle feeding. No bottles to wash or extra water to buy. Plus, it make me feel useful.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I bottle fed my oldest pumped breastmilk before I went back to work because I was in the military and they were not very supportive of taking breaks to pump at the time. My others were breastfed exclusively. When my c-section was reopened and I was in excruciating pain and could not walk or get up to take care of my daughter, the only thing I could do to feel like I was contributing to her life was breastfeed her. With my son, I saw how well it worked for my daughter and breastfed him because I had the hang of it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I bottle fed my breast milk :) How's that for an answer... My son would chew so bad that my nipples became very chaffed and began bleeding and so I would pump for him to drink from the bottle. Most mothers breast feed because of the benefits it has for their child. I did it because of the money I was able to save on formula, and I like how huge my boobs got :-D

Just kidding (about the boobs part)
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Breastfeeding, still. Started because I really wanted to, it's what breastmilk is for and it helped me lose the baby weight fast. I wanted to be weaning by now, but between my dd's sensitive tummy and stubborn personality weaning is just not happening. I'm looking forward to the 1 year mark so she can have regular milk. Maybe she'll like that more than formula...
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Bottle for both my girls
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Breastfed at first, did both for a little while, then it was just bottle.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 9, 2010