I need serious help with my DD

Lately my 13 month old has been screaming constantly to the point where she throws up. I understand it is probably frustrating to not be able to say what is bothering you. I know she is getting more teeth and also has a little bit of a cold but this has been going on for a week now. I am so stressed out with my job and with me and my SO fighting constantly that this is like the icing on the cake. I dont know what to do. I hate to see my little one so upset and nothing i do makes her stop. Its like the terrible twos but she is only 13 months. I need help!!

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she has a cold anyway, take her to the doctor and make sure it's not worse, like an ear infection. Spend some time cuddling her, comforting her - she's still just a baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Maybe She is upset because of the constant fighting? or can she sense the unhappiness you think?it could be her way of showing stress signs also - some kids just do get upset to the point of throwing up, I have heard of it many times... good luck. I hope things get better for you soon
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I am going to say that she probably is reacting to you and your SO fighting. Even if you think they don't hear you they probably do, and they do notice the tension between you two. Children are very perceptive and notice things that we often try to hide. Honestly, I think she's just reacting to you two and is trying to get her piece in. However, she's not able to verbalize it, so she goes to the next best option. Screaming.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My friend's daughter did that for a while. My friend tried not to make too big of a deal out of it and she outgrew it. In her case it was just that her daughter was throwing a fit. I would make an appointment with the pediatrician just to check for ear infections or other reasons your daughter might be in pain. She will be picking up on the tension in your home, but that may or may not be the reason she is screaming to the point of throwing up. Definitely try to do what you can to make a calmer environment for her because that can't hurt.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• when my lil one used to get upset at that age and still does now at 2 and half..i pick her up talk gentle with her taker her to the sink and pour some water in a BIG GIRL cup and let her drink it..and just hold her for a few minutes talking to her saying i know i know..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2010