Did you hear about this missle launch?

L.A. NOW
Southern California -- this just inĀ»
Video catches mystery missile launch off L.A. coast
November 9, 2010 | 7:14 am

MISSILE MYSTERY: On Monday night, a KCBS helicopter captured a gorgeous shot of a missile taking off into the golden sunset off the coast of Los Angeles. But it's something of a mystery as to who launched the missile, according to CBS News: "A Navy spokesperson told KFMB-TV San Diego it wasn't their missile. He said there was no Navy activity reported in the area Monday evening. On Friday night, Vandenberg Air Force Base, in California, launched a Delta II rocket, carrying an Italian satellite into orbit, but a sergeant at the base told KFMB there had been no launches since then." Launches along the coast are fairly common, and some have speculated it was a private rocket launch. Stay tuned.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Okay, and?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Not until now. Still not to sure if it means anything...
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I learned long ago that there are tons of things that go on every day that nobody ever hears about. I rely on our military to do their job whether it is publicly or not and would rather only be informed if I have to be. I think i would rather not know about some of the things that go on because if they told us everything we would all be in constant worry. There are so many people in our wonderful military that do their jobs and worry about stuff for us without us ever even having to know :)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• First I've heard of it. I've spent most of the morning trying to decide between creamy chicken and wild rice soup for dinner, or chicken soup with homemade noodles for dinner, and getting fat baby snuggles. It's been a good kind of day.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• yea i heard about it but the bible said nation against nation signs are happeneing everyday but people refuse to notice or believe it repent all ye sinners for the lord shall return upon clouds and every eye shall see and every head shall bow
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I did not and I thank you for the information. I've been stuck a few questions down reading the backs and forths.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It's still early, I'm sure we will hear more one way or another. It's pretty bad when your country shoots off a missile and no one cares why. Especially when they say they don't know anything about it.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I haven't heard a peep from my husband. If there is a problem he will call me. I'm all good!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• At this point, until we know more information about what it may have been, there is not alarm," Lapan said. "But that could change depending on what we find out."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101109/ap_on_go_ot/us_pentagon_mystery_missile_2

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Are they sure it wasn't a satilite launch? I know those happen constantly.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2010