I went anon before (questions are now closed) but I am the one with the xBF who txt'd saying he had "sex with a...15 yr old". adult content

I never thought of NOT doing something, I am just shocked I guess. I called his work, they verified he DID work for them and they would do an "investigation of sexual harassment". It's a hellofa lot more than harassment if you "had sex with..." them! I called the police and reported it to them also. They said they will investigate for "sexual ASSAULT". That's more like it, if you ask me!
I won't continue my "friendship" with him - but I am still stunned. Why do I feel like I did something wrong? I just can't believe he did this! I am pissed at him and wish he'd never done it and why did he have to tell ME?! I don't need this stress. My friend got raped last week. I just found my real rapist this past weekend (that I never reported). I don't want to be in this position - I did report my "friend" but I am mad that he did this and made me the one to have to do it. Am I wrong to feel this way?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Things happen for a reason.. Maybe he felt he could tell you.. and maybe he told you because YOU would be the one to report it.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Nope, you aren't wrong at all. I would be pissed too!! I am sooooo glad you reported it. I know it would come as a huge shock to me if one of my friends turned out to be a pedofile. Plus with all the other things going on it is even more horrifying to know you KNEW someone like that. I am so sorry you are going through so much right now. You did the right thing reporting him to everyone you could. Try to put him out of your mind and concentrate on yourself now. Hugs!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Oh no honey, you're not wrong, your human, and in shock considering what you have been through in rapid fire (I'm sorry) and I think it's pretty natural to feel like you did something wrong because in retrospect he was your friend, but he made a very big f*ck up and it needs to be put out in the open, thus the reason there is an 18 or older limit, this 15 yr. old girl shouldn't be hanging out with 42 yr. olds and someone needs to keep an eye on her and keep her safe, it sucks you had to do it but hell, at least you had the guts too. She or her parents will thank you for it one day. Just let it go, it's his business now, not yours.
    little_lion

Answer by little_lion at 11:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• He used to be a sergeant at a prison for like 14 yrs!! I am just utterly shocked.
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• What your feeling is normal. And your right, he isn't right for him to dump this on you. If you did not report it, you would be supporting his behaviour. If you report it, you lose a friend. Either way, he made the choice to tell you. In telling you he has to face up to his actions. You are providing accountability. What he should have done is turn himself it, or better still, never did it in the first place. You did the right thing. This is not something to keep a secret.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• no you are not wrong to feel that way im sorry you are going threw that i hope everything gets better for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think you did exactly the right thing. Did he tell you her name? I would tell her parents also! That is just wrong, and a 42 year old man knows that it is wrong! It's not your problem anymore, just keep him the hell away from your kids! Move on Mama, just forget the loser!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010