My daughter went to a b-day party 2 mths ago & never got a thank you card. Do you sent out thank you's when your child gets a gift for something?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do thank yous for everything. I did for my wedding, baby shower, any gifts that were received when my dd was born, and just recently my dd's baptisim. I believe I get to caught up with the event that I don't even get a chance to talk with everyone and a thank you is the least I can do. We have rather large parties but even for small ones I would do thank yous.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• not when the person was at the party, we thank them in person. If we get something through the mail we will either call or send a thank you card.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• we don't do thank yous for birthday parties, nor do any of our friends
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• UH! Damn I don't I thought you say your thank you's at the party. I feel stupid.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• we always send thank-you cards/notes. i try to be a cheerful giver, but when your thoughtfulness goes unacknowledged, without even a quick phone call to say the package or card w/money-giftcard arrived....you tend to not be so cheerful. i mean, how hard is it to write a quick note, an email, a text even..to say 'thanks'??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• we always say our thank yous at the party
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Only for relatives. I don't think a random classmate from my daughters' classes would appreciate it as much. They do say their thanks when receiving the gift and when their guests leave, they thank them for coming.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have never sent out thank you cards.. We thank in person.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2010