Do you believe..."Everything happens for a reason"?

And if so...can you explain why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Technically, I guess I do. I believe everything happens because of actions or beliefs of someone involved... SO yeah, there is a reason for everything... Do I believe everything has some higher reason behind it? No... Some things do, but not the majority...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Nope. Most things happen for no specific reason, other things happen because you worked for them, and didn't have the bad luck to fail.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No, but when something happens, I think we look for a reason to make sense of it. I think it depends on your personality, your faith,  if you see the glass as half full or half empty whether you see some force behind everything that happens. If you sprain your ankle and can't work for a few days, one person might think oh well, this is just God telling me to slow down and spend more time with the kids. Whether or not a person is religious, I think we all want to feel that there is some order in the universe, that everything isn't haphazard. We want to make the best of a situation, even in the worst of times.

SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes, Karma.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes, I absolutely do believe everything happens for a reason. Even though there will be times when we don't understand why it's happening, it all happens for a reason.
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010