My 20month old chipped his front tooth!

So last night I hear my husband say "Stop that! You're gonna chip your teeth" as he lets him run around with a coffee mug pretending to drink from it. Low and behold, I'm changing his diaper this morning and as I tickle him he smiles and WHAM! It hits me like a ton of bricks. His front tooth is chipped. It's a significant chip too. I started crying and I'm all sick to my stomach. I know it's his baby tooth and all but it will be years before he loses it. What do I do? Are there pediatric dentists than can work on a baby his age? UGH! It doesn't help I can't reach my husband at work either...

CMama222

Asked by CMama222 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• He probably did it right before your husband said that to him...your husband probably knows about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Don't worry. My oldest son chipped his front tooth when he crashed on his bike. It's a permanent tooth for him though, he already lost his front middle and lower baby teeth. His dentist was able to fix it by putting on this past stuff that hardens and can be shaped on his tooth. No one can tell what tooth was fixed. I'm not sure if a dentist will do it to a baby tooth though.
    akmccarty

Answer by akmccarty at 11:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would definately take himn to a pediatric dentist. Maybe more than 1. Don't let them put him through unnecessary procedures. Just to make more money from you.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2010