is anybody else watching the gods wrath and 2012 shows on discovery channel this morning?

This shit is so depressing! I feel like killing myself now! I'm scared.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 11:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• ugh, it's so freaking depressing, turn it off.
    little_lion

Answer by little_lion at 11:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Thanks for injecting some much needed prosthelitism, judgement and negativity into this post, Iron. This wasn't about your god, but thanks, we appreciate it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• As I said before- "TO EACH THEIR OWN."

Yeah, sure. Except the rest of us that don't follow your religion are going to be sent to hell. But hey, to each thier own, right? lol
    circle_of_life

Answer by circle_of_life at 8:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Also, Iron, some of us heathens HAVE been saved and found neither freedom, nor knowledge, nor peace in it. I never felt more scared, alone and wreched as I did when I was Christian, nor did I realize how much misinformation, misinterpretation and hate there is inherent in most Christian sects. It gets under my skin when people like you imply that I "have to be saved". I saved myself, thank you very much.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Nope, didnt know it was on. My husband turned on the 3 Stooges and thats where its at now LOL.

Since there is new evidence pointing to a misread of the Mayan calendar and saying 2012 is not gonna happen...I see no need to watch stuff designed to freak people out.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• no,but all need to do is turn on the news. that scary as it is. lol
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Iron, I wouldn't call it hitting a nerve so much as just getting so freakin' sick and tired of seeing that junk everywhere. Why can't anyone have a conversation about anything big and important without someone coming in and talking up their religion? You did it again with your last reply. No one was attacking your religion, so why did you feel the need to "stand up for what and who you believe in?" You ARE pushing a religion when that's all you can talk about and speaking in terms of absolutes like you do. "God has said..." "The end times are here"... a simple "I believe" in front makes it easier to swallow. Otherwise it comes across as "This is the only way and any other way is wrong."

I don't come in to your threads and start preaching about the Goddess, do I? If all you saw online was talk about the Goddess you'd be pretty sick of it too.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Nope.. Because I don't believe in it.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I am lol. I think it's interesting. I don't believe that just because the Mayan calendar ends on that date means anything. I think we will see that day come and go like all the other prophecies have done (and there are hundreds, no joke).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No I had a Tai Chi class. I just got back, my kids are watching Special Agent Oso on Dosney
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010