How old were your kids when you took them to their 1st movie?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• 2 years and he sat through the whole thing. My son has an amazing attention span for his age. He will sit and watch entire baseball games too. He has been to about 5 movies now and he just turned 5. The trick is picking the ones he will get interested enough in.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My kids are 3 & 4 and they haven't been there yet.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• When he was a few months we took him to a movie at the drive-in because we knew he would sleep the whole time, and he did lol. But he's 2 now and I would never attempt to make him sit through a movie.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• haven't yet, oldest is 4. i know she is ready to go to one though, at home if there's a movie on tv she likes she'll sit and watch it. just havent found the opportunity to take her yet without having to drag along the other two little ones.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• He was 4 months old. And we took him every so often from then on. By 2 and 3, he could and would sit and watch a whole movie just fine, no issues.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:52 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• they were 2, My son saw Monsters Inc., and Kyle saw Madagascar and lovved it!
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• 3 months and 6 months old I believe.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We never have and they are 10, 9, 8 and 4.  We could never afford it nor do we see a point in spending that kind of money when we can just wait until it comes out on DVD and watch it in the comfort of our home.  We just watched Toy Story 3 last night.

My oldest has been to the movies a few times with her friend.  She was 5 or 6 the first time she went with them.  The others have never been in a theater.  Me and my hubby have only gone like 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• 4 months old. she nursed and slepted and watched it! I think as soon as she is old enough and can sit through a movie at home without getting bored we'll take her again.
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 1:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2010