At what age did you let your child have there own TV?

I tend to like a no tv bedroom but my dh lets the kids have a tv.

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• mine was 2 also. but it's only used for dvd's, we dont pay extra for her to have cable or anything like that. it's rarely used anyway.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• he got a 25" (with dvd) when he was 3, particularly because we didn't want disney playing in the living room. but i'm with you..i don't necessarily like tvs in the bedroom. we have one in our master, but its never turned on.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• my dd was 2
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My kids were 2 also. They never put anything on but nick or disney. They don't spend all day watching it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Our kids are getting one for the holidays this year... they are 3 & 4.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• He won't get one in his room, at least not at my house. I think he has one at his dad's house. He doesn't need one in there.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• 2 or 3.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Umm birth, but only because there was already a TV in that room before he was born lol. We just kept it in there for lack of anywhere else to put it. It's useful for when he "watches" his shows in the morning while we all get ready or to throw on a DVD during playtime or whatever.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We have no plans to let them have tvs in their bedrooms, unless they someday buy their own. They are 8 and 3 now. We have a tv in our gameroom they are allowed to watch.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We tried our older kids with one a few years ago.  They were 7, 6 and 5 at the time.  They had the TV for about a year and a half before we took it away.  It was only hooked to the DVD player but they would leave the DVDs all over their room (out of the cases) and turn it on late at night when they were supposed to be sleeping and stay up until 11-12 o'clock watching movies.  So I took it away and put it in my room.  That was awhile ago.  They won't be getting their own TVs for a long time now (they are currently 10, 9, 8 and 4).  Right now we only have 2 TVs.  One in each of the living rooms (yeah, we have 2 for some reason).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2010