S/O of putting differences aside...

Let's take a current issue and see if we can come to a compromise on it. Health care is a highly debated one. Can you come up with a reasonable solution that you think would be a good compromise? Focus your answer on making the "other side" happy with your solution, while still being happy with the solution yourself. Let's see what can happen when we try! :) Vote up the answers that you think are the best compromise.

LeanneC

Asked by LeanneC at 11:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• For starters~Cover Pre-existing conditions and Tort Reform.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• ITA with Grly, in addition, NO ability to drop the sick and dying from the insurance rolls.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

agreed.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• You three are right on! I'd have said the same things!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• John Stossel explains an EXCELLENT idea for health care
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf3MtjMBWx4
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No ability to drop the sick and dying from the insurance rolls, cover pre-existing conditions, insure children up to age 25/26, continue to reduce the cost of medications (using preferred U.S. pharmaceutical companies).
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• First dump the mandate. That's the one item that is most contentious with the people who don't like the bill.
    Second, I agree that they should not be able to drop anyone who is paying for coverage for any reason.
    I'm not in favor of allowing people with pre existing conditions the same cost and benefits of a healthy person
    but I am for having state or government pools where they can get insurance.
    Add Tort reform for all states and allow insurance companies to sell cross state line to aid in competition.
    Those are main points. There is a lot more money spent in this bill though that would have to be addressed.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• insure children up to age 25/26,
    -----
    they aren't "children" anymore
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think insurance itself is part of the problem. Some people don't need a policy that covers everything. I go to the doctor about once a year. It would be much cheaper for me to just pay for the doctor visit and have a policy for something big like a car wreck or cancer. I think if people started paying for the visit for the sniffles themselves it would help bring down coverage costs for those with chronic problems.

No pre-existing conditions, no dropping, tort reform, selling across state lines AND get the employer out of the insuring business. Let people choose their own like they do with car insurance.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Tort reform is a big deal for me. Also removing the mandate to purchase health care coverage. It's not like owning a car... if you can't afford car insurance you don't drive. Under this mandate... if you can't afford health insurance... I guess you just die, or pay a fee you also can't afford.

I agree with pre-existing conditions being allowed and not allowing companies to drop patients when they got sick. I also agree that a parent should be allowed to keep their son/daughter on their insurance for as long as they wish. (who cares as long as the bill gets freaking paid?)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2010