relationship with sister

I have medical issues and can't drive. Been that way all my life. I lost my mom to cancer last year. Before that, that was how we would see each other. She doesn't care for my husband. She lives about an hour from my house and has been 4 years since she has been here. She expects me to visit her or spend the night all the time and not the other way around. I might feel different If I could drive, but I can't and she still expects me to come there all the time. I know two wrongs don't make a right. But if she isn't going to put forth effort to come to my house, should I still go to hers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• i would say no im sorry if you want me to spend time with you & spend the night with you then you should want to spend time at my house to it goes both ways so no your not wrong if you dont want to go to her house all the time just tell her how you feel if she loves you she will understand
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would say no.. Its a two way street.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Well if she doesn't care for your husband that would probably be why. At least you know why and she isn't just being rude. I guess it really just depends on if you want to keep up a good relationship with her.

My sisters are my best friends and if they didn't like my husband then I would try to work around that. I wouldn't want them over if they didn't like him.

Does she pick up? or does she expect you to find your own way all the time. I think she should pick you p sometimes.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 12:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• She always expects him to bring me and come back to get me. She gets mad if she thinks there is a chance she will.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• well either it will stay that way forever and let it get on your nerves or change it and go there for just something important instead of just randomly spending the nights there.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My sister is my best friend, we live in the same town, well she lives 11 miles out of town, but either one of us would go out of our way to see the other! Sometimes I just go out to the Ranch, and stay for the night or the weekend. Sometimes she comes and picks me up and we go shopping and have lunch. We have lived apart a few times over the years, but always seem to move back to be closer to each other. Have you thought about moving closer to her? Why doesn't she like your husband? Is it fixable?
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• She won't tell me. After 13 years of trying , I don't think it is fixable.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010