Anyone want to give me some pointers on where to even begin in starting to plan a wedding and a date and everything that comes with it?

Seriously, like what websites or who to call? Anything..I am so clueless.

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 11:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• First you need to talk to your officiant and see if there are any requirements on that end. Like a marriage class or counseling. Then start looking at venues. Google wedding locations in the city you want to get married in and it will come up with a huge list. Decide what time of year you want to married and see if the venue you want it available.

I got married in front of the rose garden at a local public park. And had the reception in the gazebo. It was lovely and perfect. And cheap. We only paid $35 to rent the park.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I was supposed to be planning mine but our surprise baby has put that on hold for the time being but to save money I know i'm going to use fake flowers, make the reception food myself, Mix my own music, Design and print out my own invitations, My sister already gave me a gorgeous brand new dress because she had bought 2 but ended up wearing the 2nd one... Thats about as far as I got on planning so far lol anyway GL on the planning of your wedding wish i knew some sites for you.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 12:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Thank you both. I never thought to actually google "Wedding Locations in...." Duh.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• theknot.com

try to only pay for stuff that is really important to you. Most the stuff will be tossed so only do what you want to make your day special. Forget the rest. I spent good $ on pics and tried to be frugal with the rest. I loved my dress. Take your time and find one you love!! I think the ones that lace up the back like a corset are really flattering! Look for 2nd hand bridal shops.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• if you want to plan a nice wedding you should see what days you like & what month you like morning or afternoon indoor or outdoor probably have to call someone to see what you can afford like a wedding planner or something i dont have any websites for you but good luck i hope it all works out for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• you can buy flowers at Sam's club and tie a pretty ribbon around it the day before the wedding and store them in the fridge. The less people you have in the wedding the cheaper it will be. I did have a florist make my bouquet and it was about $80 but it was gorgeous! Food is a big expense at the wedding so consider that when setting the budget.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2010