What's the difference between drug store hair dye and beauty supply hair dye?

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• The beauty supply store is better for your hair. The ones in grocery stores and pharmacies have extra chemicals that aren't good for your hair. My hair stylist pointed that out to me.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• They're often the same, but they're packaged differently and they come with a specific developer (peroxide), so you don't have a choice about that.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Ive always wondered this too.I buy mine from beauty supply stores.It does seem to make your hair healthier in the long run.And it last alot longer.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 12:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It's much less expensive if you get it from a beauty supply store. You buy a quart of developer, it lasts for years, and the dye itself is only about $3. a bottle! Make sure you get a good conditioner for colored hair, and you are set! I have hair to my waist that is super thick, so it takes me at least 3 kits to dye my hair, so I save a fortune by buying the stuff at Sally's or another supply house.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• thanks MamaAlice54 that was great info
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 9:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• quantity and the person applying it
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 9:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2010