I need opinions. Posting here to get more answers. Very Long But PLZ READ & ANSWER

In August my cousin from FL moved up to PA to rent a house with my and SO. In September we found one and signed a lease on it(all of us). We didn't immediately put down a deposit. Sometime in October(not exactly sure of the date, have to find the receipt) me and SO put 900 down so that they could hold the place. We spoke with the real estate agent and told him we needed more time and instead of moving in Oct we'd move in Nov. He agreed. So A week before move in date my cousin tells us he cant afford the place right now.(He can but he just had 2nd thoughts I guess and doesn't want to admit it. So we call the real estate agent and let him know that we will not be able to afford the place right now. It would be too tight with just SO working. I'm 8months pregnant. So he told us of another place he has, a one bedroom. Told us our deposit could be transferred over and we'd just need 600 to move in. CONTINUED IN ANSWER 1.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That we have sitting in the top drawer.

So he told us he would speak to the landlord and get back to us. This is the same landlord for both properties so it seems easy enough. So the weekend passes and still no word so I contact him. He informed me that the someone name John should be getting back to me. John I believe is his boss. John called on Monday and we explained the situation and at first he wasn't aware that we were still trying to rent from them but when he realized it he said everything should be ok. So Wednesday comes and he calls and tells us that our deposit cannot be transferred since we broke the lease and technically we are responsible for rent on the place until they find tenants for it. But he said that if we rent from them we wont have to keep paying on the other house. We agreed. So he told us to call the real estate agent cuz he has the house and take it from there. Well, we have been trying to reach
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• them and have gotten nowhere.

At first I called the agency and left messages with the receptionist. Both me and SO have done this and she told us we'd get a call back by the end of the day. A week later and still no call back. I call the agents cell phone and just get the answering machine. I call from SO phone and still the same thing. I call the office during business hours and still no answer. So now I feel like I'm being ignored. That's the only other place that they have that we can afford and I feel like they are trying to play us. So yesterday I left messages saying the need to contact me ASAP because I'm at my wits end.

Here's where it gets interesting. Although we signed a lease the landlord wasn't there so he did, and we never received a copy of the lease or keys to the home. I know not providing a lease is illegal. I know its a small technicality but can these details get me my deposit back and out of deali
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010