Am I wrong?

I met one of my bff at work about 3 years ago. We became very close to a point where she is very up front with me and she tells me majority of everything...but she has other friends that we here before me which she is private abt her relationship issues with them. One day she decided to go out and wanted me to go with her and her "other" friends, but I have never met them and to be honest I dont want to..I feel as though we should remain separate because she went to college with them and they have more history then me. So I suggested that I sit out on this one...But am I wrong as a friend to keep my distant from her other set of friends?

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Just because they have more history together doesn't really matter. If you don't feel comfortable though I wouldn't go.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't say wrong, but if she invited you it would be fun to meet new people. Yes they will have alot of stories that dont' include you but it wouldn't it be fun to hear them about her. You could end up making some great new friends and making new memories with them.

I would think about that. Esp if she invited you, she must think you would all get along well.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 12:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• IMO it sounds kind of immature. Why not be friends with them? If she invited you then she must want you to meet.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It sounds like you are just uncomfortable meeting new people and that's okay. It takes a little courage to meet people and to be accepted. Trust your friend, she's friends with you and you aren't so bad, right? Trust that her other friends are pretty cool people too. You never know, you might make some great connections.
    Lordgivemewizdm

Answer by Lordgivemewizdm at 7:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010