terrible two's

is there really such thing? my daughter is 2 going on 3 in a few months but she sure has a temper she throws fits everytime she doesnt get her way i mean screaming throws herself on the floor what can i do to kind of stop this?

LiLMAMA421

Asked by LiLMAMA421 at 12:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I tell my son im ignoring him until he is done throwing his fit and I stick to it and that seems to work for me. He throws a fit for like 30 seconds and then hes done.
    Happyfacecookie

Answer by Happyfacecookie at 12:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I really believe 2-3 year olds throw fits for attention. So don't act like it bothers you...you don't really even have to say anything. I know my mom used to walk away from my sister and me and we caught on that she was not interested in our theatrics.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 12:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• not sure what the answer is but mine is the same age and is the same way or like anytime she does something she's not suppose to and she gets some form orf discipline she just doesnt care like she has the attitude of im gonna do what i want and just take whatever punishment, its not fun
    haymama

Answer by haymama at 12:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Have clear rules and do not vary from them. The tantrums are often to get the parent to change what is allowed. Stay calm and consistent on what is allowed and what isn't. Don't react in anger.........stay calm and loving.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010