Kailee is a fussy baby. We thought it might be colic but nothing has really helped. Anyone have any ideas?

tara.schneider

Asked by tara.schneider at 9:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Kids' Health

• is she teething? if so you could get the teething tablets that works wonders
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You are welcome to join us at Common Sense Parenting here on cafemom. We chat about all kinds of solutions to help with caring for little Ones. Having a few more details helps with giving good advise. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I got the book "The Happiest Baby on the Block," by Dr. Harvey Karp. This helped us out a lot. My son is a high-needs/spirited baby. You can look that up online and see if that fits the description of your little one. There is a group on here for raising these children. I get a lot from this group. We started taking my son to the chiropractor when he was about 2 months old. We still take him when he hits certain milestones. We looked for allergies as well. I started to alter my diet and realized he got a tiny bit better after I took out dairy. He still is fussier than most babies at 8 1/2 months. Good luck and I hope you get answers that are helpful!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I wish I had words of wisdom.. my daughter was the same way. She was either on or off. No in between. We joke that she is our bi-polar baby because of her extremes, she's almost two now.. and really not much change. She's either very happy or VERY angry. All I can tell you, is that if all her needs are met and you just need a *break* lay her down and walk away. Close the door, let her cry. She will be okay. I know some days can really be hard, and if you know shes going to scream wether you're holding her or not, don't feel ashamed for needing a break for a few minutes. That said, I assume you have tried all the normal causes of baby discomfort. :) (gas drops saved me with my son) Good luck, you'll make it!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I agree with TeaAndrews. Great book!!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 7:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My son was allergic to a variety of foods...the biggest culprit being dairy (white flour, refined sugars, and all animal products too) I was disappointed with our origional pediatrician's response b/c he said there was no relationship...but after lots of crying, lots of research, and a new pediatrician...I learned that it was. It is simple to try...if you are nursing, try coming off all dairy products for a few weeks. You won't disturb your calcium intake I promise, but you can drink Ca++ fortified OJ and/or a suppliment if you want. If you are not nursing consider switching his formula and controlling his food...really be aware of what he is eating...look for any patterns or consistency. Little ones sometimes have a hard time with high fiber veggies too like Broccoli...it seems weird b/c broccolli is so nutritious...but it is just for a short time.

UtahMomEmrey

Answer by UtahMomEmrey at 10:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• continued...
    Crying is no fun, so hard to deal with. I hope these ideas help!

If you are interested in trying the food route go to http://www.raw-food-for-families.com the site creator is a mother of 3 and her kids have had a variety of food issues...allergies, etc. She has created a lot of delicious recipes that might be good to try? Just an idea.
    UtahMomEmrey

Answer by UtahMomEmrey at 10:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Mylicon.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2008